One of OAU five recounts what he experienced when he was in prison .
I had earlier decided not to share some of my prison experience, but I gave it another thought, just to express the cruelty and hypocrisy of the state. I will be talking about some of the experience with time.
While I was in the prison. Among many terrible food, I remember with sharp disgust how we were fed with dry Garri with egusi water. I did not call it soup because the the ratio of the water to egusi was around 95:5; no salt, no oil, pepper or any other thing added, and it smelled like spoilt egg.
They would serve that consistently every evening. Evey morning, you get Garri and grey-coloured beans with no ingredient added except stones(i think it is always deliberate).
I remember Fela's lyrics, "the time wey I dey inside prisons I call am inside world"
You see, the prison, like every other state apparatus, has always been there to further repress the oppressed while the oppressors, political thieves, corrupt VCs et all, those who have consistently diverted billions and millions of public funds for personal gains, are alienated from such incarceration.
The masses will decide the fate for their freedom when #WeAreNotTooDullToChallenge the status quo.

No comments:
Post a Comment